Making Clinical Trials
More Patient Centric.
Enabling Research Sites to retain
patients through virtual visits
Why VirTrial Now?
Of patients want to participate in relevant clinical trials. ⁽¹⁾
Of potential patients live more than 2 hours away from the nearest study center. ⁽²⁾
Of potential patients would participate in a trial if it had virtual visits. ⁽⁶⁾
Of sites fail to enroll a single patient. ⁽³⁾
Drop Out Rate in Standard Trial. ⁽⁴⁾
Drop Out Rate in Virtual Trial. ⁽⁵⁾
1. CISCRP 2013 Survey. | 2. B. Adams, “Fierce Biotech”, March 2017. | 3. Medidata, “Non-enrolling sites come at a price”, March 2016 | 4. S. Elvidge, “Importance of Patient Retention Strategies,” Life Science Leader, April 2010 | 5. Center Point internal review data, C. Morgan, “Are Clinical Research Sites a Dying Paradigm?” | 6. Pharmpro- “Are Site-Less Trials the Future of Clinical Research?”, May 2018.
Leadership team at Radiant Research, conducted >10,000 trials; felt site and patient challenges related to trial enrollment and retention.
remote video interpretation services (allows hospitals/physicians to connect to a medically certified translator via video (American sign language, 20 languages via video, 183 via audio)
Telemedicine to prevent hospital readmission for chronic diseases.
VirTrial formed, acquired Synzi platform and customized specifically for clinical research.
Pilot study conducted – Results confirm both site & patient-centric platform.
SCRS GIP announced; supporting site sustainability.
Any device (BYOD)
8+ years proven use with award winning platform (1700 hospitals, 100,000 visits per day)
Unique audio and video splitting if bandwidth is low
Unlimited multi-way calling (based on connectivity strength)
Interpretation services (20 video and 183 audio languages)
Variety of secure communication modalities (video, email, text, phone)
Programmable to automatically manage patient communication and touchpoints (reminders and engagement messaging) at study or site level
Dashboard reporting platform to view compliance; allows sites/sponsors to be proactive
VirTrial Site Focus
VirTrial platform included as SCRS member benefit:
Sites provided with download of platform.
Training is provided.
Sites become certified as virtual capable.
Sponsors can continue to use their preferred sites.
Sponsors will quickly realize the benefits of hybrid virtual studies.
Our vision is to enhance current research studies by replacing 25-40% of the visits with virtual video visits. We want to help sites maximize resources and get you results faster.
How VirTrial Is Different
Hybird Virtual Model
- Supports sites – Improves their ability to conduct trials more efficiently.
- Patient-centric – Combining technology with the human
element to ensure patient safety along with patient convenience and satisfaction.
- Immediate Solution – Can be implemented today on any device at any site.
- 50 years combined clinical site operations experience.
- Over 10,000 trials conducted.
- Easy to use solution developed from a true site and patient
- Replaces sites – vision for a single metasite.
- Technology-centric – Another device to provision, for sites to store and for patients to learn; removes the physician to patient relationship.
- Small solution – Very few studies can safely support a site-less model.
- Minimal to no clinical site experience.
- Another technology solution developed from a top down approach.
With VirTrial you’re making Clinical Trials more convenient for patients and sites
More trials should be done this way. You could probably increase patient volume.Rachel, D.
One advantage I could see from remote visits is convenience for patients especially those that can’t drive or live far from the closest site.
Drop out rate
trial is 5%
Standard Phase III
clinical trial is 30%