How VirTrial Works
- Adds convenience since virtual visits can be conducted anywhere, on any device
- Opens study opportunities to a larger, more diverse population
- Access to new and improved medications more quickly
- Meet enrollment goals due to access to more patients- less travel and ability to draw patients from farther away
- Increase patient compliance through risk ranking and personalized engagement plan
- Increase patient retention through convenience and engagement
- Maintain PI oversight through virtual check-ins
- Less devices to maintain at site and learn on since app is loaded onto any patient device
Click the button below to find out how your site can get access to VirTrial’s technology platform at no-cost.
- Able to make pre-emptive decisions based on reporting and analytics
- Complete studies on time
- Decrease study budget
- Bring your own device (BYOD)- saves money, simpler logistics planning, easier training
- Can be used by any research site
Virtual visits reduce the burden on patients and lead to an
increased number of patients who enroll into a trial.
Of patients want to participate in relevant clinical trials. ⁽¹⁾
Of potential patients live more than 2 hours away from the nearest study center. ⁽²⁾
Of potential patients would participate in a trial if it had virtual visits. ⁽⁶⁾
1. CISCRP 2013 Survey. | 2. B. Adams, “Fierce Biotech”, March 2017. | 6. Pharmpro- “Are Site-Less Trials the Future of Clinical Research?”, May 2018.
Retention and Compliance
Drop-out rate in virtual trials is only 5% compared to 30% in a standard clinical trial.
Drop out rate
trial is 5%
Standard Phase III
clinical trial is 30%
With VirTrial you’re making Clinical Trials more convenient for patients and sites
Video check-ins guide patients through their trial. Research staff can ‘read’ the patients face to see if they are truly understanding. Video visits promote patient-centered communication as educational materials about indication being studied can be sent to patients after physician discusses basics with them.
What to expect as a patient
What to expect from virtual visits with VirTrial
Virtual visit benefits
See the benefits for VirTrial app users